Your best pre k school choice for fun and interactive learning of the smallest students
Why pre k school learning is essential for a child
For parents who want their kids to be more prepared for further education, our pre k school is the right place for early development. The team of devoted teachers will help your child to explore the world in a safe and comforting environment, build a strong sense of self, and will assist during the learning process and discovering new things. The path of happy growth starts with Little Scholars – one of the pre-kindergarten schools in Brooklyn, NY with the highest standard of quality. A child-friendly curriculum and great age-appropriate facilities meet all requirements and rich pre k programs are aimed at attaining outstanding teaching results. We will spot and develop your kid’s talents and skills, instill a love of learning, and ensure positive social interaction with peers and adults.
Core working principles of our pre k school
- Encouraging enthusiasm and self-motivation is a top priority. Through the creation of appropriate conditions for the realization of children’s fullest natural potential (physical, social, emotional, cognitive), we strive to give support and kindle curiosity in our smallest students during the educational process.
- Balance in everything we do. Our competently designed and well-balanced pre-kindergarten programs for different ages is excellent preparation for further education at school. Thus, every kid will enjoy equal treatment in learning activities.
- Age-specific educational materials. Our team of preschool tutors produces a custom development experience, taking care of the well-being of every child and giving them a foundation for personal and physical growth.
- Flexible approach to teaching. Little Scholars teachers treat every kid as a unique individual while efficiently delivering child care services equally for everyone.
Skills your kid will obtain in our pre-kindergarten in Brooklyn, NY
Little Scholars daycare experts provide exceptional pre-school care services and play-based learning materials and resources for social development. Mainly, all programs are focused on growing the following skills:
- Interaction with society and communication skills. The child learns to interact with the caregivers and with peers in the team. Children must be able to follow the accepted rules, but at the same time, have the ability to defend their own interests and clearly inform about their needs without hesitations. Appropriate games and activities will enhance important social skills.
- Adapting to changes and self-management. These skills are crucial for the future success of preschoolers and toddlers. They should know how to control mood and behavior, as well as how to adjust to a new environment without stress.
- Self-expression and creativity. Of course, the ability to use imagination and come up with original ideas is of high importance. Through creative play, every kid will grow mentally and emotionally, gaining the ability to cope with their feelings and freely share their thoughts.
Moreover, our committed and dedicated specialists in early education will take care of all-round development, including problem-solving skills, attention span, fine motor skills, etc.
Children who are brought up in an atmosphere of benevolence and calmness grow up more self-confident, sociable, emotionally open. Little Scholars is the right environment for exploring creativity, growing and educating small students.
Is pre-k free in New York?
Free pre-K programs, as well as low-cost education solutions, are available for parents whose kids reach the age of 4. It means that every 4-year-old resident of New York can benefit from flexible programs that deliver expanded academic opportunities and offer unimpeded access to early education. However, Little Scholars experts suggest parents understand different components and criteria of pre-k quality across NYC before making their final decision about where their kid will grow and develop. Thus, you must do your own research, investigate the potential pros and cons of the government-funded academic program, visit the place if possible, talk to teachers to inquire about their learning tactics in more detail, and make sure that there is everything needed for children to thrive. You have to look for:
- stimulating curriculum and atmosphere of benevolence;
- kids-friendly, safe facilities and clean playing zones;
- age-appropriate tools and materials;
- active learning through interactive exercises and engaging play.
Making sure that the particular pre-kindergarten meets standards of excellence, teachers are passionate and caring, and their vision, mission, and philosophies match your own ideas, you can surely use your right to free early education and apply to universal pre-k.
What age is pre-K in NYC?
Pre-kindergarten age is considered 4 years old since pre-k programs and curriculum are focused on advanced tools for learning to ensure high-quality preparation for the school demands. And while toddlers in preschools are taught how to distinguish colors, body parts, shapes, as well as basics of mathematics, language, etc., 4 years old explorers gain the academic foundation through executing creative tasks, obtain social and communication skills through interacting with peers, flourish emotionally, and grow intellectually.
There are lots of concerns regarding preschools and pre-k. Going into the learning process too early is one of them, and most parents are wondering how to be sure your kid is completely ready to start an early education program bypassing excessive anxiety, worries, and stress due to separation from home. However, skipping pre-k may not be a good idea, as kids who are engaged in educational activities are more likely to smoothly accomplish the desired aim and result while studying at school.
What’s the difference between pre-K and preschool?
A comprehensive educational program for early learning is all about ensuring age-appropriate materials, tools, and the environment. Only the well-designed approach proposed by devoted and experienced specialists will promote healthy kids’ growth and acquiring of a particular set of skills at a young age. It’s all about nurturing creativity and encouraging little explorers to interact, think critically, and solve problems. And parents, searching for the best place for their child to grow and study, must be sure that the chosen curriculum, schedule, and academic tactics address the kid’s needs.
Thus, to ensure a smooth early education experience, it is vital to discover pre-kindergarten features as well as preschool characteristics to learn its key difference. And while both options offer meaningful learning through active play and a peaceful and secure environment where each kid can thrive, the first distinction to be aware of is age. Preschools usually welcome toddlers of 2 years old and kids till 4, and programs are created based on the fact that each child has their own pace of performing tasks and discovering new things related to mathematics, language, counting, and other fields. Children over 4 years old attend pre-kindergarten where they will be engaged in more advanced activities for social skills acquisition, cognitive and emotional development, gaining confidence, focusing mainly on school demands.
Is Pre-K mandatory in NY?
When it comes to early education, it is important to understand that visiting kindergarten when your kid turns 4 is not obligatory and is not required by law. However, still, it is strongly recommended to consider pre-k due to several compelling reasons:
- a flexible curriculum and stimulating environment that is designed and focused on preparing children for school;
- completing challenging educational group tasks, kids will learn how to cooperate, negotiate, express their opinions and thoughts, and work in a team;
- building friendship and respectful relationships with peers and adults, kids will socially flourish and obtain vital communication, conversational, and listening skills;
- truly passionate teachers of pre-k will help kids to establish good self-esteem.
Pre-k experience will definitely give your child a huge advantage and prepare for further educational success, and caring teachers will cultivate essential academic skills, proper attitudes, creative thinking, as well as a desire to acquire new knowledge, collaborate with others, and accomplish the most complex goals.